ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Fscript error

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
i sort of found a fix for this problem. i found out that there is a runtime dll in the system folder, "scrrun.dll" and i just re-registering the dll on a hunch - regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\scrrun.dll and now it works (!) restarted Farr with no error messages popping up.

however as i mentioned to mouser in the chat-room. i am left wondering who/what could have unregistered the dll. there are other apps that use scrrun.dll and one of them could have misbehaved. perhaps there is a way to check this dependency on scrrun.dll.

ecaradec:
very interesting. I already saw this issue once on my mother desktop. That was caused by the uninstallation of Norton because for monitoring Scripting.FileSystemObject it was registering its own version AND forgetting to put everything back on uninstall. Did you uninstall anything recently ?

mouser:
ec, i've messaged you about another small bug in fsubscripts fscript.dll.
by the way we haven't said it enough recently but fscript is just plain amazing.. one of the coolest things i've ever seen and i love it.  :-*

ecaradec:
It's a cool thing to hear again  :Thmbsup:

lanux128:
very interesting. I already saw this issue once on my mother desktop. That was caused by the uninstallation of Norton because for monitoring Scripting.FileSystemObject it was registering its own version AND forgetting to put everything back on uninstall. Did you uninstall anything recently ?-ecaradec (May 28, 2009, 01:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

i see a pattern here.. this must have happened when i disabled the 'script scanning' option in Mcafee after an update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version