ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Lets talk about GUIs.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Eóin:
Good points, especially regards WinForms. It possibly out dates Silverlight, I'm not sure.

CWuestefeld:
...not to mention MFC (which I strongly advise that you avoid ;) )

mahesh2k:
Eoin

Juce -- http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce
--- End quote ---

You tried this. I found it good. But just have to see if it works on DevC++ and codebl;ocks. On VC ++2008 it works fine,.

Eóin:
Can't say I tried it to be honest. the GPL limitation was an instant turn off. Also in addition I don't tend to really like these all-encompassing frameworks.

While on the subject again though here is another to add to the list- eGUI by John Torjo. Seems a bit quick to claim he's the bee's knees but nonetheless his work is respected.

eGUI is the replacement for his earlier, and already mentioned above, Win32 GUI Generics library.

Ehtyar:
Can't say I tried it to be honest. the GPL limitation was an instant turn off.
-Eóin (January 31, 2009, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ditto.

Also in addition I don't tend to really like these all-encompassing frameworks.
-Eóin (January 31, 2009, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have to say I once held the same opinion, until I realized that it's fairly pointless having a cross platform GUI framework, and then relying on the standard library for everything else. There is really just too many differences between the various platforms to code a large complete app without a complete framework.

Ehtyar.

[edit]
Since it seems we weren't discussing cross-platform here, I'll be shutting up now :S
[/edit]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version