ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3.5 [FINAL]

<< < (2/10) > >>

Paul Keith:
The long-overdue ability to drag tabs from one window to another.
--- End quote ---

I'm not using the beta and I can do this. Did you mean dragging multiple tabs or a Windows panel like the one in Opera?

Ehtyar:
Sorry I should have been more clear. In previous versions, Firefox would simply close the tab in the previous window, and open a new tab in the new window at the URL of the old tab. Now, the new page is loaded entirely from the memory cache of the old one (Firefox won't hit the server again), and all aspects of the tab are copied across, including history, permissions etc.

Ehtyar.

jgpaiva:
As far as buttons go, the new one is a bit of a joke...

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (October 18, 2008, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, I wouldn't say it's a joke. Even though it isn't the best position to place the button (imo ie7's choice - later copied by opera - is way better), I think it's important in terms of usability, people that never used tabs will much more easily press the button than double-click the tab bar.

Ehtyar:
I can't disagree with you there, though part of what makes it so silly is that they're the last of the major browsers to implement it, and they've done it in the least user-friendly way.

Ehtyar.

Ehtyar:
Well no one way around in the IRC channel to test this, so I hope it's working as it should. Here is the HTML 5 demo I promised. Be sure to read the warning before clicking any of the links.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version