topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Military and DoD civilian Home Use Program Microsoft Office 2007  (Read 49977 times)

e712

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 :) If posting Student Only deals is OK here I presume it's ok to post US Department of Defense only deals.

As part of the contract with Microsoft to provide software to the Department of Defense, service members and civilian employees (sorry, not for contract employees) are eligible for the home use program.  This is also the case if your agency has not yet deployed office 2007 and is still using office 2003. You pay about $20 for  the case, shipping and handling and they throw in Office 2007 for free. (Just like EBay, but legit.)

Here is an Air Force announcement, your service or agency codes may be different.  I just  logged on to hup.microsoft.com and gave my work email; Bill  :) mailed back the code I used to order.  Only $20 more than the price of Open Office.  A bargain at half the price!

AntiVirus and Firewall are downloadable from .mil addresses.  Download and burn to CD and bring home. I don't like or use these offers.  The symantec  products gave me hell.  Only install a symantec product if you are willing to reformat to uninstall it. 

I have ordered Dell hardware from below, but mostly I buy used equipment no o/s provided.  I've a couple of Win2000 and WinXP licenses, and, of course, an unlimited Debian license.

Title: Discount Software

Body: Here are the software packages available for free or at reduced cost through home use/employee purchase programs.
1. Authorized participants of Microsoft (MS) Home Use Program (HUP)/ MS Employee Purchase Program (EPP):
- AMC Active Duty Military; AMC Civilian Personnel; AMC Contractor personnel and Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDC) personnel working with Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
- MS Home Use Program is directly tied to employee’s primary government desktop license
-- Participants can purchase Office 2007 Professional for use on one personal computer
-- Must order from “.mil” address and use personal credit card to make purchase
--- To order Office 2007 Professional, go to: https://hup.microsoft.com
--- Insert AMC Program Code: C3F524CBE6 and provide other requested information
-- Employees may only order software identical to what is loaded on their government computer (i.e. You are not authorized to order Microsoft Project unless your government computer has a licensed copy installed)
-- Employees may only use this software while employed by USAF
-- Software may not be sold or transferred
- MS EPP gives authorized participants significant discounts off retail pricing on MS products
-- Allows a qualified employee to purchase up to three (3) copies of any offered product
--- To order, go to: https://epp.microsoft.com
--- Insert AMC Program Code: B898126B2A and provide other requested information

2. These products are for personal use only and may not be installed on a government PC
- McAfee Virus Scan Plus AntiVirus, Firewall and AntiSpyware – Available to all Active DoD employees
-- Go to http://us.mcafee.com...default&cid=7236
-- Certify that you are a current DoD employee, select Department
- AntiVirus with Symantec – Available to all Active DoD employees
-- Go to https://www.jtfgno.m...tivirus/home_use.htm
-- Click on the Symantec tab across the top of the page
-- Click on Client Products
-- Click on the latest dated Product on the Symantec Client Security for Windows table
--- For Mac machines scroll down to the Symantec Client Security for Mac OS X Version 10.3 or Later table
--- For Palm or Pocket PCs scroll down to the Symantec Client Security for Palm OS and PocketPC table
Note: Download authorized only from a “.mil” domain
- Altiris Software Virtualization Solution (SVS) by Symantec – Available to all Active DoD employees
-- Go to http://altiris.com/juice
--- Download this version of SVS for your personal use. The license never expires and you may use it on your personal PC without restrictions.

3. Many other computer software and hardware vendors have realized the vast purchasing power of AF personnel and have established agreements to give AF employees (military and civilian and, in some instances, contractors) preferred pricing for products purchased for personal use.
- Obtain support for these products at the respective websites.
- Please note that any agreement you enter into is between you and the vendor.
- Dell Employee Purchase offer for AF employees:
-- Go to: www.dell.com/epp/airforce
-- Enter: Name and Work E-mail Address
-- Member ID, DS15645360, is already loaded
-- Upon checkout, click on Proceed Registration and Checkout and create an account.
-- If you already have a Dell Preferred account, you can link it to your Employee Purchase account by using the same e-mail address and password.
-- To order by phone, call a Dell sales representative at 1-888-695-8133 to assist you with your purchase. If calling, please be sure to mention your Member ID: DS15645360 to ensure you get your special discount.
- Gateway Employee Purchase offer for AF employees:
-- Copy and paste the following: http://select.gateway.com/fedepp (must copy and paste URL and create account before leaving site first time)
-- Click on the picture of the product group you are interested in
-- Click on Create a User Account in the middle column (account name is defaulted to fedepp)
-- Create User Name and Password (6 characters)
-- Click on I Agree to the Terms and Conditions
-- Upon checkout, you will fill in shipping, billing and/or warranty addresses
-- Go to My Profile and enter Member ID Air Force
-- If you would like to make an EPP purchase by phone please call 877-485-1462 and give Program Code C06EPDOD1
- HP Employee Purchase offer for AF employees:
-- Go to: http://government.hp...=189&agencyid=19
-- Fill in contact information
-- Agency name is Air Force
-- Note: Account creation must be done on a “.mil” address
- Enter US7439 in the "company code" field. Please note that the company code is case-sensitive and must be entered as capital letters.

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Military and DoD civilian Home Use Program Microsoft Office 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Be advised, to take advantage of these, you need a .mil email address to verify eligibility. The army has the very same program available at https://ascp.monmouth.army.mil

e712

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 06:18 PM »
Thanks for clearly stating that condition, Josh.  Residential, ISP, email addresses won't work, nor will your work email if it is from a .com or .gov.

Ed

tracicarothers

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 03:48 PM »
A friend of mine told me about this.  My husband is a USCG Reservist.  Would he be eligible?  If so, how would we go about getting the correct program code?  I've tried two (with his .mil email) to no avail.  It'd be great if I could save a bundle and get this deal!

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:10 PM by tracicarothers »

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 04:50 PM »
A friend of mine told me about this.  My husband is a USCG Reservist.  Would he be eligible?  If so, how would we go about getting the correct program code?  I've tried two (with his .mil email) to no avail.  It'd be great if I could save a bundle and get this deal!

Thanks
-tracicarothers (October 18, 2008, 03:48 PM)
Yes, I think.  I am a USAF reservist (PA Air Nat'l Guard to be exact) and took advantage of it when Josh first mentioned the Army version a while back.  I went to the base Comm. Office and asked them about it and they said all military branches take part in the same type of deal (though I am pretty sure they are separate contracts).  The only reason he would not be eligible is if the Coast Guard was not eligible.  That is what I am not sure of since they are not part of the DOD (For those wondering, they fall under the Dept. of Homeland Security)

***EDIT - He may not be for this deal specifically, but they likely have a similar deal with Microsoft.  Have him contact the base computer center for more information.***

tracicarothers

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 04:54 PM »
Thanks, he's serving his "weekend" right now so I emailed what info I was able to gather to his work email and asked him to ask around about it.  Guess we'll find out.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)