ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Eggnog season is upon us!

(1/12) > >>

Edvard:
One of my favorite things about this time of year is the singular fact that the stores start stocking that creamy, sweet, spicy artery-clogging, coma-inducing confection known 'round the world as Eggnog.

I realize that not everybody likes the stuff, but I love it.
Only for the season though, because it tends to make a whale of me :P

f0dder:
It's not even November yet.
* f0dder goes into xmas-depression mode.
Don't think I've ever seen anybody in .dk drink eggnog (and certainly haven't found ready-made bottled brands anywhere). The traditional Danish (perhaps even Scandinavian?) xmas-drink would be Glögg :)

Edvard:
I've seen that stuff sold in Ikea's kitchen & food section. Always wanted to try it, never got around to it.
What's it like?

f0dder:
Some like it, some love it, some absolutely hate it :)

Usually the Glögg you buy has a very low (if any at all? been a while) alcohol content, and isn't really suitable for drinking as-is. Not sure it's meant to be, anyway. So you heat it, mix with red wine, raisins and almonds. Works pretty well on a cold Scandinavian winter day. Spicy stuff.

I've also seen people making summer drinks from it, serving cold and mixed with white whine instead.

tomos:
Usually the Glögg you buy has a very low (if any at all? been a while) alcohol content, and isn't really suitable for drinking as-is. Not sure it's meant to be, anyway. So you heat it, mix with red wine, raisins and almonds. Works pretty well on a cold Scandinavian winter day. Spicy stuff.
-f0dder (October 14, 2008, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

ahh, Glühwein - I haven't seen it with fruit & nut. Very popular here in the evenings at the outdoor christmas markets.
Apparently it used be made (in England at any rate) by sticking a hot poker from the fire into your glass of wine and throw in a couple of spices - but that could be a myth of course :)

They've had the christmas stuff in the shops here for weeks now .. got a right shock seeing all these Lebkuchen and Stollen in SEPTEMBER :huh:

Eggnog I've only had once or twice, with alcohol it was nice - ish :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version