ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My computer is older than YOUR computer!

<< < (4/8) > >>

CWuestefeld:
I've got an Apple IIe at home, circa 1983. This picture isn't of mine, I swiped it off the web:
My computer is older than YOUR computer!
I've been trying to transfer files from my PC to this computer via its cassette tape interface, but haven't been successful. So about the only thing it does now is play "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

I really wish I still had my old Atari 800.

40hz:
I've got a VIC-20, a C64, and a C-128. I used to be big on Commodore before they nuked themselves through sheer stupidity.

There was also a RadioShack TRS-80 up in the attic somewhere, unless My Beloved got fed up with my techno-packrat behaviors and tossed it already.

Also a Northgate 386-20 (2 of them actually!) and an old CompuAdd 486DX-something. I'll have to dig it out and check.

(Anybody out there got a Lisa or a PDP?)

wreckedcarzz:
I got an abacus  :)
-Grorgy (October 14, 2008, 04:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
My sister has an expensive Chinese Abacus - I suppose it could be a math utility, not sure about a computer ;)

Can it run Crysis?
-gexecuter (October 14, 2008, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Does flash Crysis count? Does IE 5 even support flash anymore??? :P

I have an old MSXw, a Philips VG8020, from around 1987 at least, inherited from my middle brother.
-Lashiec (October 14, 2008, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good god, that looks like a typewriter-meets-calculator gone nuts. :tellme: Definitely cool though. :Thmbsup:

app103:
i've got an atari 2600 video games console that works fine. does that count as a computer? i guess not. oh well, it was worth a try.
-nudone (October 14, 2008, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Only if you have the BASIC Programming cartridge and the twin controllers with the buttons. (I have them!  :D)

tsaint:
I've still got my first computer - an Exidy Sorcerer, circa 1973. 8K rom for basic, 4K ram, came with a booklet with a listing of the OS to read. After using cassette tape, I graduated to "stringy floppies" because the floppy drives at those times retailed for round $1000 (a lot back then).
Then I got an Osborne Mark 1 which I still have - the world's first laptop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version