ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My computer is older than YOUR computer!

<< < (5/8) > >>

Darwin:
I've got the oldest and most complex computer of them all: the human brain (mine hasn't weathered the past 40 years all that well, though, and takes a long time to boot up and fusses and farts through pretty basic routines...)  :P

CWuestefeld:
(Anybody out there got a Lisa or a PDP?)
-40hz (October 14, 2008, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Believe it or not, I once had a PDP-8. It had belonged to the school's computer music studio, and had just been brought out to the loading dock for the trash. I got a fraternity brother with a pickup to help me retrieve it. But honestly, I couldn't figure out what to do with the darned thing. I wound up trading it to a friend for a VT-100. Certainly that terminal was worth a lot less, but I had a real use for it.

PDP-8:

VT-100:

nudone:
i've got an atari 2600 video games console that works fine. does that count as a computer? i guess not. oh well, it was worth a try.
-nudone (October 14, 2008, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Only if you have the BASIC Programming cartridge and the twin controllers with the buttons. (I have them!  :D)
-app103 (October 14, 2008, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

now that IS cool.

f0dder:
i've got an atari 2600 video games console that works fine. does that count as a computer? i guess not. oh well, it was worth a try.
-nudone (October 14, 2008, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Only if you have the BASIC Programming cartridge and the twin controllers with the buttons. (I have them!  :D)
-app103 (October 14, 2008, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

now that IS cool.
-nudone (October 15, 2008, 02:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
But apparently also pretty useless :)

nudone:
after seeing the photo of the pads, i'd say it's even more cool than i first thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version