ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tech News Weekly: Edition 43

<< < (4/4)

Ehtyar:
It was intentional. Have a read of the comments of last week's news.

Ehtyar.

Deozaan:

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (October 26, 2008, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I realize it was intentional. What I'm saying is that I'm one of the people who isn't heaping praises on it. I don't like it and I think it's pointless.

But that's just my opinion. If people really like it then keep it. I'll just continue to ignore it like I did this time.

mouser:
the intention isnt to post the newsletter in both formats each time is it? it was just this time you posted both so we could compare.
in future idea would be to only post the compact version, right?

Ehtyar:
the intention isnt to post the newsletter in both formats each time is it? it was just this time you posted both so we could compare.
in future idea would be to only post the compact version, right?
-mouser (October 26, 2008, 11:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah. I guess that's the part Deo was missing.

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (October 26, 2008, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I realize it was intentional. What I'm saying is that I'm one of the people who isn't heaping praises on it. I don't like it and I think it's pointless.

But that's just my opinion. If people really like it then keep it. I'll just continue to ignore it like I did this time.
-Deozaan (October 26, 2008, 10:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Neither do I, but since the news is posted for everyone BUT myself, and since you're the only person to express distaste, I guess I don't have much of an option.

Ehtyar.

Lashiec:
So, about keyboards, it seems it does not longer matter if they are wireless or not, huh?

About 5, yeah, the other browsers perform better, but since everyone and their dog ran such benchmarks a thousand times with the "alternative" browsers, and TraceMonkey has been known to perform better than V8 for a while (and it's improving), I found kind of interesting they ran the benchmark on IE, and that it showed such a leap in performance, which is all the better for the web.

About 2. Passports Will Be Needed to Buy Mobile Phones.. How is this possible?  :huh: It's not really original, books and movies have been predicting this day for a few decades. I just wasn't expecting it would ever come. :(
-jgpaiva (October 24, 2008, 07:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, we have this in Spain since the 11-M. If you want to buy a prepaid phone, you have to use your DNI and all the data goes into your phone provider databases. Since the terrorists used prepaid phones to communicate between them prior the massacre, that's why they can't be anonymously bought anymore. I don't think it's that much of an issue, as the Spanish government is generally trustable in privacy concerns, and the details of each phone number are only available per request of the authorities.

Another thing is demanding your encryption keys. That's unacceptable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version