ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Unofficial Windows-7 news site now up

<< < (2/2)

nosh:
Nice site, Martin. As a ghacks regular I'm looking forward to getting some W7 updates from you. BTW, any chance of getting full feeds?  :)

ghacks:
Full feeds are activated but somehow only the first paragraph is shown, will look into it. Thanks for the tip ;)

40hz:
40hz that was a personal comment. It simply means that I'm happy that they did not change the name because of the domain names that I own ;) I did not rate the name in any way although I think that it will do better than Windows Vista or any other name like that.
-ghacks (October 15, 2008, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies if I offended. Especially since I greatly admire ghacks.net for its content and coverage, and recommend it to friends and business associates every chance I get.

Chalk it up to my misreading, coupled with the residual crabbiness of someone who is still in recovery from all the hype and blather (albeit not at ghacks - for which I thank you) that surrounded the iPhone.

On a more serious note: How much longer do you figure you have before Microsoft Legal sends you a letter telling you they've registered/trademarked Windows-7 and you'll have to call your domain something else?

Luck with that, and again my apologies if I offended you. :)

ghacks:
40hz no offense taken, just wanted to correct the issue ;)

I don't think that we will get those letters anytime soon. It could happen but Microsoft did not seem to take an aggressive stance on news sites in the past and I doubt they will change that. It's free publicity for them. It would be a different story if we would have registered Windows7.com or some other premium domain name that Microsoft needs for promotion.

zridling:
Wow, now that's a great site! Thanks for the link, 40hz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version