ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Note

(1/4) > >>

deviantopian:
Hi Guys

I've attached a small program for you to take a look at if you would like. This is my first actual application... I basically wrote it to have some fun learning a programming language and because I wanted a Post-It Note like application that didn't look like a Post-It Note :huh: .

It's quite simple (at least that was the idea) - when you run the program it creates a Note. When you close it it asks you if you want to save it. Once a Note is saved then opened again, closing it automatically saves it. You can alter the font & background colour which are remembered along with the window size & position.

When you run the program it automatically registers itself with the .note extension. I've included an Uninstall.reg file which will remove this association along with all other info added to the registry by the program.

I'd be interested to hear how it works for you and what you think about it.

Cheers  :D

Richard

mouser:
Hi Richard, welcome to the site and congratulations on starting your journey as a programmer.

It's a little tricky to just post an exe for people to run -- given all the security/virus/etc issues, people are probably rightfully wary of running executable programs from people they aren't familiar with.

One thing you might want to do is check out our self-teaching programming school.. if nothing else it might just give you some inspiration.

lanux128:
interesting program Richard, will download & try but a screenshot would be nice.

deviantopian:
Thanks mouser. I'll have a look at the Programming School. I like the idea of the assignments - seems like a good way to learn.

lanux128, screenshot as requested:

Thanks.

Richard

Paul Keith:
Awesome potential for a simple app. I can't believe how people have forgotten the horridness of sticky notes and why we tolerate them in the real world only because we can't get something looking like something else.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version