ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Battle of the Free Online Storages

<< < (7/8) > >>

cmpm:
SendSpace allows up to 300gb for free account.

http://www.sendspace.com/

Adrive only allows you to download one file at a time.
Upload is limited to 1000 files at a time. Last time I used it anyway.
And if you upload it will not check if the file is already there.
So you can't keep uploading the same folder if it gains more files and expect adrive to recognize the ones you already uploaded.
It's ok for storage though, but not for constant upload and download operations imo.

nosh:
Mediafire free accounts are restricted to uploads of 200 MB per file and files are deleted if they are not accessed every 30 days
--- End quote ---

... the mother of all differences. :) I certainly wouldn't use their free service for backup purposes.

Dormouse:
Mediafire free accounts are restricted to uploads of 200 MB per file and files are deleted if they are not accessed every 30 days
--- End quote ---

... the mother of all differences. :) I certainly wouldn't use their free service for backup purposes.
-nosh (February 16, 2010, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

But when I checked here this is what it said-
free accounts, there is currently no time limit on how long uploaded files will be stored as long as you access your account (i.e. login to your account) at least once every 60 days OR at least one of your files is accessed (i.e. downloaded) every 30 days
--- End quote ---

That's not quite the same thing. Logging in once every 60 days shouldn't be too hard.
Not that I would rely on an online service (paid or free) for backup - but certainly worth considering as a backup to a backup to a backup. And 200mb a file isn't hugely restrictive.

KynloStephen66515:
yeah, i login quite often, plus i have a download on there that i get at least 20 hits per week on (currently 18000 downloads) lol, so that keeps me going :P

Also, 200mb is perfect if your willing to break down your files into smaller RAR files

nosh:
I quoted from:
http://support.mediafire.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=57

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version