ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Where to start with computer programing

<< < (7/8) > >>

PaladinMJ:
though I would definitely recommend C# over VB
-Ehtyar (October 22, 2008, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

As would I. Older VB has problems with consistency -- retrofitting the idea of "default property" made things complicated. And the fact that the "&" operator can change meaning depending whether there are spaces around it or not is just evil. But that's fixed in VB.Net.

However, once we get to the .Net 1.1 platform, C# and VB are almost equivalent. I'm pretty sure that you could port from one to the other just using some clever regular expression substitutions. So there's no reason you can't get on board with C# as easily as with VB.Net.

But moving on from there (.Net2 and forward), C# has really grown as a language, and VB not so much. So if you take the C# branch, you'll find that the language is better able to progress with your abilities and demands.
-CWuestefeld (October 22, 2008, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

ahh see i haven't coded in over 8 years, C# was just coming out and I have no real knowledge of it. I really should pick it up an have a peek. I've been hankering to hack code lately...

tinjaw:
However, once we get to the .Net 1.1 platform, C# and VB are almost equivalent. I'm pretty sure that you could port from one to the other just using some clever regular expression substitutions. So there's no reason you can't get on board with C# as easily as with VB.Net.
-CWuestefeld (October 22, 2008, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can do that online.

Where to start with computer programing

Oh! I suggest you learn to program here.

Ehtyar:
Good lord, have you been sick Tin Man? I was starting to wonder what python-related song we could play at your funeral... *cough*getyourarseintotheircchannel*cough*

Ehtyar.

jgpaiva:
Ehtyar: Here's the answer to your question ;)

Ehtyar:
OH
MY
GOD
Tin Man got a life. I don't recall issuing permission for that :huh: *cough*i'mnotjealous*cough*

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version