ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dopus - adding buttons to toolbar help needed

<< < (2/5) > >>

Darwin:
Crumb! You're right! I did this about a year ago and had completely forgotten about it (I should have actually Clicked that button I directed you to, but didn't want to duplicate the buttons in Dopus... Sigh... I needn't have worried). I'm trying to recreate my steps now... I remember this now because the instructions aren't clear. Each line enclosed by <> refrers to an instruction to be pasted into a corresponding line in the edit dialog for the new button. Here's what my Copy (with Teracopy) buttons edit dialog looks like:

This should give you an idea of how to set these up. Sorry I didn't pay more attention earlier  :-[

tsaint:
Thanks for your patience Darwin...
anyway, using your screenshot, plus the function(?) definition I set up as per image, then dragged onto toolbar. That gave me a button ok, but results in "can not find <?xml blah blah."
Update...
Made a lot of progress by getting rid of all the junk lines wrapping the actual command and just pasting that into the command editor in dopus. Now I've a button that runs teracopy, but I now just need to see how to pass arguments.
Your screenshot was good thanks Darwin-showed me just where to play.

Darwin:
You don't need the extra stuff in the "advanced" pull down part. Mine simply has

C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy {allfilepath|filem} {destpath}

Here's a screenshot:

tsaint:
Yep, all "the junk" is, I assume, to allow for pasting straight to the toolbar. I abandoned that, and, following your idea, I've got it mostly working.

Darwin:
Yep, all "the junk" is, I assume, to allow for pasting straight to the toolbar.-tsaint (October 12, 2008, 01:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, heh - except it doesn't work!

I abandoned that, and, following your idea, I've got it mostly working.
-tsaint (October 12, 2008, 01:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you got it working - sorry it was such a tortuous route! I should really keep a diary so that I don't have to start from scratch overtime I install software (or try to help someone else)!

What's not working still?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version