ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Reorganizing music library

<< < (2/2)

CWuestefeld:
I'm getting closer...

It looks like MediaMonkey actually writes AlbumArtist into Band. I'm not yet sure if it does this consistently; if so, it's easy enough to work around.

brett:
Looked for something myself just the other day.
Wanted it to be simple, my search found this

Id3ToFolder

Its very basic, read the tag and move accordingly.

Sorted my collection very nicely.

Reorganizing music library
Gui says it all really, no bells, no whistles, just do the job please.

from the website
Description:
Id3ToFolder helps you sort your music files. It reads out the id3 tag and creates folders and subfolders for every album, artist, year or genre. Id3ToFolder can read MP3(Id3v1 and Id3v2), Ogg Vorbis and Windows Media Audio files. Version 2.1 features new function for working with whole directories. Version 2.12 enables sorting for genres. Version 2.2 adds filerenaming. Version 2.21 adds "Bitrate", "Genre" and "Comment" to folder naming.

--- End quote ---

Freeware from what i can tell.

Brett

CWuestefeld:
It looks like I have to sacrifice the Copy-only operation.

Foobar just wasn't able to handle the job. It's got problems reading tags. (It also has problems writing tags, claiming that some files are "Access Denied", despite my verification that they are accessible). I verified in mp3tag that the desired tags are there, but Foobar is just ignoring them.

So I turned to mp3tag, which absolutely handles anything tag-wise, and can do the reorganization. Unfortunately it can only do this as a MOVE operation, so I'm sacrificing my current folder structure and its content to make this work.

And now it sounds like my new hard drive that I'm copying it to is going bad, making shrieking noises. I'm now copying everything back quick!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version