ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

XPlorerSkin

(1/2) > >>

bft_chromeguy:
Hi,

Check out my little program: XPlorerSkin

It skins a bitmap to your Explorer window toolbar, as seen in the screenshot.
This can be ANY bitmap or icon file.
NO malware of any kind, it simply changes one single line in your registry.

Try it!

Edit:- No uninstaller included sorry, simply remove the /XPlorerSkin folder and shortcuts

gexecuter:
Interesting little program. Can you make your own skins right? do you have any documents that show how?

Also why did you make the XPlorerSkin download in two parts? it doesn't make sense.

bft_chromeguy:
It is in 2 parts on my website coz i use a free host with 500kb filesize limit. The full file is attached to the main post.
Making a skin is as easy as operating MSPaint - take a look at the current skins for an idea on what you should aim for.
Different explorer settings require slightly different skin sizes.
One day - and if enuff people like it - I will make that all automagic. And include a skinmaker. :D

gexecuter:
It is in 2 parts on my website coz i use a free host with 500kb filesize limit. The full file is attached to the main post.
Making a skin is as easy as operating MSPaint - take a look at the current skins for an idea on what you should aim for.
Different explorer settings require slightly different skin sizes.
One day - and if enuff people like it - I will make that all automagic. And include a skinmaker. :D
-bft_chromeguy (October 10, 2008, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh i see, the 500KB limit sucks a lot. Have you though of trying out a free hosting service like skydrive?

Oh and i blogged about your program, i hope you don't mind.

fenixproductions:
2bft_chromeguy
Isn't it just using some registry hack? Or did you make it working different?

--- ---Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
Value Name: BackBitmapShell
Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
Data: "c:\Windows\skinfile.bmp"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version