ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NortonUAC

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
To all,

It appears that norton has done it this time. This tool is insanely useful. This tool is not to be confused for Tweak-UAC which lets you disable UAC, but instead this offers you the ability to whitelist (and submit results to norton for inclusion in the whitelist) programs so you do not receive UAC prompts. It replaces the UAC prompt with it's own, see below, and allows you to choose "Don't ask me again" which supresses all prompts in the future for said program.

Very useful and freeware! Good job symantec

Link

Deozaan:
Very nice and useful!

lanux128:
surprising for a Norton product, i wonder if after Beta-testing they will bundle this into their security suite.

city_zen:
surprising for a Norton product
-lanux128 (October 10, 2008, 01:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto!  :D

I guess this will first become standard in most security suites (not just Norton's) and then will be the default behavior of UAC in Windows 7

Josh:
I just don't understand how microsoft's engineer's didn't see this as an issue during testing. I mean, from the start of UAC I know users have been suggesting that they add the ability to whitelist programs and let them run regardless. Even a "Trust all from this publisher" for signed executables (I.E. the sysinternals suite).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version