ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Vista Immersion Experiment

<< < (7/7)

f0dder:
Yeah, but come to think of it, iirc I've also had weird ACPI drivers with ASUS motherboards until I installed one of the ASUS tools, hmm.

Too bad the driver didn't fix the freeze issue - did a clean reboot after installing driver... inserted USB device, worked fine. Did hibernate and resume, inserted USB device again - hang. Guess I'll try playing some sound in the background and see if that freezes as well, and then ask zepto if it's a known issue etc. *sigh*

Carol Haynes:
I can't remember what the article (or the number) was called but I seem to remember an issue in an MS KB article on resumption from hibernation and USB. Might be worth a quick search.

f0dder:
I can't remember what the article (or the number) was called but I seem to remember an issue in an MS KB article on resumption from hibernation and USB. Might be worth a quick search.
-Carol Haynes (October 27, 2008, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wasn't able to find anything interesting :/

I think I'll try wiping the xubuntu partition I also have on the laptop, and put XP64 there. Will be interesting to see whether I get the same issues then, and how it performs compared to Vista64 on the same hardware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version