ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One answered question before you died

<< < (9/22) > >>

bo bruce:
is there a universal 'truth' or is it all personal interpretation?

since i believe there is a UniTruth, then why do people have to kill each other in searching for it, or trying to prove they found it? 
wouldn't they be better off with a combined effort? why do people have to argue that 'their' God is the one true God, when there is only One in the first place, just called by a different name? you humans are such weak paranoids.

Darwin:
<note as moderator> Please let's be careful not to let this go into the field of religion </note as moderator>-jgpaiva (October 07, 2008, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are logic and religion no longer science? Yes, dangerous science, but science anyway.

I have spent the last fifteen years of my life asking all sorts of impossible questions, and believe I have had some of them rightfully answered - not by fools like Richard Dawkin, but by that heavenly voice that turned out not to be a thunder in the storm but a whisper in the breeze - but at the end of day (life), the question is not from me, but to me: What did you do?
-Curt (October 08, 2008, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Religion is not science and does not lend itself to scientific exploration. This is not in any way meant to invalidate religion or to denigrate the followers of any religion, it's a simple statement based on definitions... That's not why I'm posting, though. If I may, I think João was merely trying to forestall the kind of rancorous debate that could easily flow from posing these kinds of questions. I think that's the emphasis, not restricting peoples' right to express their views.

I may of course be VERY wrong  :o

thomthowolf:
how about:

<b>can AI eventually demonstrate sentience/consciousness.</b>

also:

<b>can humans (as a species) move beyond superstitions</b>

-nudone (October 07, 2008, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Or the other way around?

zridling:
What are the winning lotto numbers for 2009?

Edvard:
One? Dude, I GOTTA know more than that!!

Where do all the left socks go?

You know the fundamental particles that everything in the universe is made of? What are THOSE made of?
(or the corollary - "You know those tiny vibrating pieces of string that everything in the universe is made of? Are they cotton, rayon or polyester?")

What's the answer to n/0?

Will we ever see a day when my brain will become as powerful as my computer?
(true, my computer is a mere toy calculator compared to the vast powers of the average brain, but please explain to me why some days I cannot remember my own phone number?)

I think that'll do it. I could be wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version