ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One answered question before you died

<< < (3/22) > >>

f0dder:
If it really was any question that could be answered, imho that would require an all-knowing being, and thus asking questions like "does god exist" would be pretty much irrelevant. My own question would then be simply WHY?, and would cover all the whys. This probably isn't fair, though, since it is kind of more than a single question.

My question would then probably be along the lines of "Why do we have to go through all this pain and suffering?", again keeping the "all-powerful being" theory in mind, and thus deducing that there must be some reason behind it all.

If we step down from the metaphysical/close-to-religious stuff and have to phrase some much more concrete questions, I don't really know. I guess I'll have to ask whether we're considering that there's an afterlife, and the question is something you can have answered on your death-bed and will then reflect on in the afterlife... or if it's basically any question answered now, knowledge which can then be used until this meat-vessel can no longer sustain me?

40hz:
What caused the 'singularity' event that preceded the Big Bang.

nudone:
how about:

<b>can AI eventually demonstrate sentience/consciousness.</b>

also:

<b>can humans (as a species) move beyond superstitions</b>

mouser:
How does the brain work?

Carol Haynes:
How does the brain work?

-mouser (October 07, 2008, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like that - just before the lights go out ... at least you'll know what is about to stop happening ;)

How about 'Why can't people get along with each other?'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version