ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

kingsoft Internet Security 6 months free

<< < (2/6) > >>

4wd:
One license per computer, the license costs 29.95USD for one year and the payment system is paypal.  :Thmbsup:-Davidtheo (October 06, 2008, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Possibly dumb questions but then I've never used an integrated security suite, I prefer discrete components.

Can I ask exactly what degree of control you have over what components get installed?

Also, say I purchase a license and I then decide not to renew after a year, this should only affect the Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware recognition updates, (and any program updates naturally).

Would I be able to uninstall those components and still use the firewall?

Davidtheo:

Possibly dumb questions but then I've never used an integrated security suite, I prefer discrete components.
-4wd (October 07, 2008, 02:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
The only dumb question is the one not asked

Can I ask exactly what degree of control you have over what components get installed?

--- End quote ---
All components are installed you can not just install one or two components.

Also, say I purchase a license and I then decide not to renew after a year, this should only affect the Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware recognition updates, (and any program updates naturally).

--- End quote ---

yes only the virus database update, spyware database updates, program updates, basically anything that gets downloaded in the updates would stop getting downloaded.

Would I be able to uninstall those components and still use the firewall?

--- End quote ---

No you can not, the firewall would also be uninstalled sorry.

Davidtheo:
Ah, I went to the website but must have misread. :-[ $30 per computer isn't cheap with 5 computers, I'll have to see how the trial goes :)
-wreckedcarzz (October 07, 2008, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I maybe able to do a deal for you let me check ok

4wd:
--- End quote ---
-Davidtheo (October 07, 2008, 02:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info and wisdom   :)

I've downloaded and installed it and at the moment it seems to run quite well with minimal system impact, (TaskManager shows 0 CPU across all its processes), chews about 70MB of RAM with kwatch.exe grabbing most of that, (54MB).

Now to see if it impacts my online gaming  :D

Davidtheo:
--- End quote ---
-Davidtheo (October 07, 2008, 02:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info and wisdom   :)

I've downloaded and installed it and at the moment it seems to run quite well with minimal system impact, (TaskManager shows 0 CPU across all its processes), chews about 70MB of RAM with kwatch.exe grabbing most of that, (54MB).

Now to see if it impacts my online gaming  :D
-4wd (October 07, 2008, 04:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Kwatch uses alot of Ram mainly because it is checking all processes that are accessing files and checking what they are doing, In this way it can catch and stop unknown malware.

What online games do you play?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version