ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Photo Downloader Kiosk

(1/9) > >>

NinJA999:
EDIT: Link to the PhotoKiosk made by Skrommel and modded by me:
http://aldwin.us/PhotoKiosk/PhotoKiosk.exe
To the AHK file and other files (the exe extracts the images etc but if you want to play with the AHK here are the files)
http://aldwin.us/PhotoKiosk/

EDIT: I just realized that this post is really long.  I have bolded the idea itself if you want to skip to just that.

Hello,

My robotics team runs a tournament every year for younger kids.  An idea of mine for this year's tournament is to have a continually running slideshow of pictures on one of the projectors.  It would be great if I could have a computer set up with a media reader where people (coaches, spectators, etc) could insert a card and download their pictures to the computer to be immediately added to the slideshow.  So, here's my idea:

a kiosk-like program that allows a user to download all or some photos from a memory card (I've got one of those read-all-card-types readers that maps to four drives) to a folder that I specify in a config file (probably on a networked computer e.g. \\mycomp\slideshow\) in a datetime-stamped folder (to avoid name conflicts) with a minimum of user effort.  Kind of like one of those photo kiosks that can be found at Walgreens, etc, but much simpler.  Just a spash screen, a photo-select screen for once the user has inserted a memory card, a copying screen, and a done screen.  Or something.

I am a programmer, and if nobody is interested I will code this myself, so don't spend a lot of time on it.  But, the members of this forum are much more talented than I am and so I'm sure you could whip something up easier than I could.

Thanks,
Nick

EDIT: I would also be happy if there is already a program which can do this.  I had found xkiosk, but it is too complicated, since it is built for photo processing labs.
EDIT: I just realized that this post is really long.  I have bolded the idea itself if you want to skip to just that.

mouser:
This seems like a useful thing to have -- a kiosk type photo interface.. Anyone know of one?

Deozaan:
Picasa works pretty well to import from a digital camera or something. I've never tried directly from a memory card though.

NinJA999:
Yes, picasa works well to import (even from memory cards), as does Adobe Bridge Downloader (what I personally use).  But, neither has a simple enough interface suitable for a photo downloader kiosk.

gtoal:
Canon Camerawindow just downloads from chip to directory, sounds like what you want?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version