ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tech News Weekly: 40

<< < (5/6) > >>

f0dder:
Again, nice work - I already get a whole bunch of these news from various RSS feeds, but occasionally I miss a few. Besides, your posts can serve as a historical resource in the future :)

A small request: when an item has to do with an exploit, it would be nice if the particular exploit could be mentioned in your summary. For instance, the summary for #1 is veeeery vague and sensationalist-sounding, would've been nice if it included "defeats syncookie protection" (that way I would know, rather than guess, it was a new items I had already read :)).

Ehtyar:
A small request: when an item has to do with an exploit, it would be nice if the particular exploit could be mentioned in your summary. For instance, the summary for #1 is veeeery vague and sensationalist-sounding, would've been nice if it included "defeats syncookie protection" (that way I would know, rather than guess, it was a new items I had already read :)).
-f0dder (October 07, 2008, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks f0dder, good advice as usual.
And here's a few more  if you want to try some alternatives...
 (see attachment in previous post)
-40hz (October 07, 2008, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks again 40hz :Thmbsup: I'm not sure if it's doable, but if they can each be made with the same ratio, I would rotate them week by week, but the sextant one is my favorite :)

Ehtyar.

40hz:
Actually, I think you'd be better off just using one. Builds "brand recognition" and makes your post easier to identify.

And yeah, I much prefer the sextant thing too. Seems to be closer to what your post is all about. :)

(Of course the Minions of Cthullu are going to be disappointed that the octopus didn't make it. Maybe someday when the stars are right... ;D)

f0dder:
Aaaaaaaaaaaw, that's got to be the cutest depiction of Cthulhu I've ever seen :-*

40hz:
Aaaaaaaaaaaw, that's got to be the cutest depiction of Cthulhu I've ever seen :-*
-f0dder (October 08, 2008, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ain't he the cutest little elder horror you've ever seen? I'm gonna buy him a snuggly little pet Shoggoth for his 1E6th birthday.

BTW: you can get one here. http://paizo.com/store/toys/figures/myLittleCthulhu
At $29.95 it's a little expensive IMHO.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version