ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanted ... Photo to DVD archiving tool

<< < (4/4)

Carol Haynes:
have a look at Imatch at http://www.photools.com/ if you're still in the market for some image management s/w
-tsaint (November 07, 2005, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi tsaint,

I have been playing with Imatch over the last week and have given up on it.

The biggest problems I can see with the see witht he software are:

* Not particularly intuitive interface
* Manual isn't indexed and is massive to try and work through
* Doesn't automatically display EXIF data for either of my digital cameras
I emailed the author who was quick to respond about the EXIF issue. He argues that Canon EXIF data isn't exif data but custom Canon data. Whilst this may be true all other packages I have tried that claim to support the camera manage to display the EXIF data as normal EXIF data. Add to that the same problem happens with the Kodak camera I have and it is not really much use to me compared to lots of other products.

He did point out that I can force the 'custom' data to be displayed, but it means editing a text file with dozens of  numbered fields manually, and I would have to do that for both cameras.

Strikes me if software claims to support a particular camera (in this case the Canon EOS Rebel/300D) then it should do the work - not expect me to do it all manually. Plus as I have two cameras I would have to set it up to display two lots of data which means the EXIF display would consist of 50% blank details which ever camera I use - a little irritating and not exactly friendly.

I have emailed back to explain why I am not going to use IMatch (at least not until some of the issues are sorted out).

Thanks for the idea though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version