ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Firewall

agnitum outpost v3 - the horror?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Carol Haynes:
What are you using now then?

Presumably if version 3 has been released a point will come where earlier versions of OutPost will not be supported.

Is ZoneAlarm now the only real alternative?

mouser:
i went back to v2.5 for now, but i'm on the hunt for a better firewall, yet again.

Carol Haynes:
Keep us posted on what you find out ...

Trouble is I need to find a new one desperately too as Sygate dies today (I am waiting for the explosion)

m_s:
Hey, Carol: What about good old Kerio Personal Firewall...  It's got a few weeks left in it, and that should give you a window after Sygate's gone.  And chances are far into the future too.  A lot of people still swear by KPD 2.15.  I would rather use that than ZA.

I have been running Outpost 3 for awhile too, and it cause BSOD several times - with a documented conflict that they've still not fixed.  I now run it in background mode, and it's certainly a lot easier to wok with - i.e. it says a lot less.  Maybe I am less protected than I ought to be, especially since I have temporarily dumped Online Armor because it was just too intrusive...

Carol Haynes:
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to install Kerio for a month, try to work out how it works and then have to swap again to a new product. Sygate won't die instantly as of today. OK there won't be updates, but I have other security measures too and so I feel I have a few days to safely sort out a replacement.

Apart from ZoneAlarm (possible) & Norton/Symantec (which I don't want to go back to) are there any other contenders out there (that don't demand a degree in rocket science to use) ???

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version