ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (71/76) > >>

IainB:
@cranioscopical:
...For a recent beta I'd expunged existing copies of CH+S and hadn't properly restored the settings when I installed the new version.
-cranioscopical (April 24, 2017, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but if one keeps regularly making dated backup copies of:

* The file ClipboardHelpAndSpell.ini
* The folder PresetViews- then one can restore these old settings files after an update, which will restore the old user settings where they had just been overwritten by the update.

I find that it also helps to backup/restore ConfigDir.ini, having set it to make CHS "portable", thus:

--- ---// IMPORTANT NOTE: Lines starting with // are COMMENTS; you need to remove // to make a line active

PORTABLE=TRUE
CONFIGDIR = .
...etc.
- all these being kept in the CHS app. folder as the "root" for config settings, which folder is not contained within a Program Files folder.
However, being "portable" like this stops the user settings being proliferated amongst the User-named folders - which suits me fine, though it might not suit everyone's needs.

Before I settled on the above approach, I would tend to get things confused after every CHS update and would end up manually restoring the settings from within CHS - a tedious exercise.

Hope this helps or is of use.

IainB:
Well I'm glad to hear it's not a CHS bug.  I'll make the latest beta official soon.
-mouser (April 24, 2017, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Eh? Sorry, I is confuzzled by all these Betas... I thought the thing in the OP (as v2.42.0 - Apr 21, 2017) is/was the latest version (not sure whether it's a Beta though) - is that not so?
Thinking it was, I today downloaded and installed the relevant files from there, for the portable version, because the ChangeLog seemed to indicate all those changes that you had made and that we had been testing, and I saw the .exe file was a different hash to my (Beta) version - which file had the same version number (but slightly earlier date).

What/where is the definitive latest version/Beta? Did I just step backwards, or sideways, or something? Oops.    :-[

Whichever version I have from the OP, it's working very nicely anyway and I am now enjoying making good use of the now fixed-up Virtual Folder SQL field (for which fix, thankyou very much), as it enables the full potential of the nifty VF functionality.    :Thmbsup:

mouser:
You are using the latest version.

What I was saying is that since you guys haven't found any problems in the latest beta, I'll soon do what I always do at this point, which is upload a new official version soon (which will just be the last beta that you have already been using).  The official versions go out to everyone.

IainB:
^^ Ah, I see. Thanks.

mouser:
I've promoted v2.42 beta to an official release.

v2.42.0 - April 25, 2017

* [Improvement] Deleting clip(s) keeps the selection where it was, does not move the list of clips to top or bottom; other situations where clip list position was lost are now fixed as well.
* [BugFix] Custom group filter sql expressions were being capped at 500 character length.
* [Improvement] Statusbar now shows linecount of each clip.
* [BugFix] When StayOnTop option is set (View menu), some dialogs were showing behind the main form.
* [Feature] New (customizable) hotkey to quickly toggle clipboard monitoring on and off.
* [Improvement] The hotkey that used to be used to trigger a copy even when CHS monitoring is disabled now does double duty, and can be used to tell CHS to trigger a copy and *NOT* store the clip if CHS monitoring is enabled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version