ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (35/76) > >>

dcwul62:
The portable zip is made so you can overwrite ALL files; the only caveat is that you should not ever edit the ConfigDir_Default.ini; if you want to customize the ConfigDir where stuff is stored, edit ConfigDir.ini.

If you want to move from portable to Installer, or vice versa, the only thing to do is remember to exit CHS first.  Then move your database directory (and ClipboardHelpAndSpell.ini file) from the old to the new.  In installer version the files are under the user documents\DonationCoder folder.
-mouser (August 28, 2013, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Mouser!

=

mouser:
dcwul62, you found a bug in the merge separator dialog. Now fixed if you redownload.

rjbull:
I cannot reproduce this -- can you check again and see if you detect any pattern to when it might be displaying as \n instead of pasting the real newlines?
-mouser (August 28, 2013, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Using CHS 2.20.01, c:\NoInst\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\
ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe   10196152   2013.8.29   8:55.52
MD5 991ac7b09eb41f237df9a9c154ff6723

Using NoteTab Pro plain text editor as the "catching" application, the one to paste into.  Workflow: clip from app using mouse.  Alt-Tab to NoteTab Pro.  Standard Ctrl+V paste.  Open new file.  Ctrl+Alt+Q for CHS popup, Additional actions on last clip, cursor down to my own template as posted above, paste again and compare.

Standard Ctrl+V paste works as expected.  The "\n problem" (which also shows "\t" on occasion) only happens with clips from Web browsers; I tried both Firefox and Opera.  It doesn't happen with either NoteTab Pro itself or an RTF word processor, Polyedit, pasting into NoteTab Pro.  The "\n" and "\t" always show in the popup even if not pasted as such, though I presume that's by design, to show more of the content.

If there's something wrong with my own template, what is it?  Do templates need an end delimiter, or is the "@" that starts the next one enough?

Further:

On the popup, if you want Additional actions for clips before the current one, you have to Shift+Click.  For us keyboard users, please could you make the Windows Menu key do the same thing?

Minor typo on the Paste Templates section of Options: "templlate" should be "template."  That's the last word above the template menu box.

mouser:
If you just paste through CHS without using template, does it paste with proper newlines or the \n problem?

And can you check if in CHS itself the clip has newlines in the clip or \n.

In other words, do we have reason to believe its the template system instead of something happening every time CHS pastes or something happening at time of capture?

rjbull:
If you just paste through CHS without using template, does it paste with proper newlines or the \n problem?-mouser (August 29, 2013, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Proper newlines.

And can you check if in CHS itself the clip has newlines in the clip or \n.-mouser (August 29, 2013, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you mean in Main window the window that shows the body text of the clip, it shows newlines, not \n.

In other words, do we have reason to believe its the template system instead of something happening every time CHS pastes or something happening at time of capture?
-mouser (August 29, 2013, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
That seems to mean a problem with the template system?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version