ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (4/76) > >>

mouser:
updated with fixes requested by members.

allen:
CHSGreat stuff, mouser -- I especially love the ability to send it back to the application from whence it came without reaching for my mouse.  That change alone makes CHS exponentially more useful to me.   Of course, I have to nitpick still -- would it be possible to have an option to have it close after sending the text back?

After using this a while, my favorite feature is the ability to apply cleanup presets on the fly via the quick paste menu -- Saving me oodles of time there, I don't believe anyone else offers that do they?

Few things quickly.
1. If nothing is selected, would it be possible to automatically select all before copying? Would be handy in textareas as well as text editors where the intent is, in fact, to grab the whole thing.  Save a keystroke or two.

2. In the text cleanup, when boxes are unchecked most of the child stuff is grayed out -- however now all children are grayed out.  Actually, the only check boxes grayed out when the parent is disabled is "Trim Excess White Space" and "Add to Empties" -- the rest, while unclickable, remain bright white requiring more scrutiny to figure out what is/isn't actually enabled at the time.

3. If CHS is open, activating Capture/View/Spell does not bring focus to CHS, though the text is captured properly.  So if you use it, then send it back to the application, then go to use it again -- you'll have to give focus to the CHS window manually.

mouser:
good poins.
0) yes i will make it close after sending the text back, that makes complete sense.
1) i will try; i know i already do something like this to try to guess whether to initiate a ctrl+c or not; it should be possible to add an option to try to smartly do a select all and then ctrl+c when appropriate.
2) ill look into that -  do i understand that you're basically pointing out a user interface annoyance/baddesign or is there something deeper i'm missing?
3) ill fix this to do focus shifting and then auto closing - makes sense to me.

allen:
2) ill look into that -  do i understand that you're basically pointing out a user interface annoyance/baddesign or is there something deeper i'm missing?-mouser (February 01, 2006, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's nothing deeper, it's just initially a bit confusing when you go to toggle a box that -appears- active, and nothing happens.  Took me a second to figure out why those checkboxes looked more lively than they really were ;P It has absolutely no impact on actual performance of the various cleanup functions that I've used.

mouser:
right, gotcha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version