ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (19/76) > >>

IainB:
CHS v2.04.01: If I copy an image or text from a .CHM file (Microsoft proprietary compressed HTML Help file format), it appears in CHS correctly as image or text, but the "source application" in CHS seems to always be incorrectly given as the last application you happened to take a clip from.
I'm not sure if this a bug in CHS or a reflection of the fact that when you open a CHM file:
"The Help Viewer uses the underlying components of Microsoft Internet Explorer to display help content."
--- End quote ---
(This quote is from Help for HTML.HELP in the file htmlhelp.chm.)

IainB:
CHS v2.04.01: If I copy an item from the active window of any application using the Clip to OneNote copy crosshairs (invoked by pressing key combination Windows+S), the area in the rectangle drawn by the crosshairs is correctly copied to OneNote as an image and into CHS as an image, but CHS records it as coming from:
Microsoft Office OneNote (Microsoft Office OneNote Quick Launcher) [ONENOTEM.EXE]
--- End quote ---
I suppose, but am not sure, that this could be because the OneNote Quick Launcher takes control and passes the clip to the clipboard, which is where CHS gets the source application name from.
Whatever the sequence of events, the real source is lost - together with any associated URL if the source happened to be a browser.
Can this be fixed (i.e., somehow capture the original source), or are we stuck with it?

IainB:
CHS v2.04.01: If I change the settings in Options | Backup/Maintenance | Automatic Filing, some of the items are consistently restored to their previous settings.

Is this meant to happen, or can it be fixed?

mouser:
which settings? This was pointed out to me before but i was sure i fixed it in most recent release.

bob99:

I just checked and looks like it is happening for me also.

Un-checked all three boxes and Accept.
Then exited/closed CHS in tray.  Re-started CHS, looked and all three boxes were checked again.

Any other settings that should be changed to make it stick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version