ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (65/76) > >>

IainB:
It wouldn't be too hard for me to add a right-click function on a group node that said "Sort children alphabetically".
This function would simply set the "DISPLAY ORDER WEIGHT" of each child so that it showed alphabetically.  You could always manually change child weights to rearrange after that.
Note that newly added children would require performing the operation again.
-mouser (March 15, 2017, 06:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think that could be just the ticket. Practical and a time-saver.    :up:
It would also allow for the user to (say) later disrupt an alphameric ordering by introducing a new item at random and then not re-sorting - i.e., users would not be forced to always put up with a purely alphameric sort, if they didn't want it.

IainB:
I noticed this a while back, but had forgotten to mention it.
I set up a search for "sage onion stuffing" (without the quotes) and then set it as a virtual group, using:
Menu | Edit | Create new (virtual) group matching current search filter term

This causes an error message to appear as red text in the status bar. The message disappears out of sight as it is evidently too long to all fit in the status bar.

The problem seems to be that the search SQL generated is incomplete:

--- ---(Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%sage%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%sage%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%sage%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%sage%' OR Lower(UserKeywords) LIKE '%sage%') AND (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%onion%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%onion%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%onion%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%onion%' OR Lower(UserKeywords) LIKE '%onion%') AND (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%stuffing%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%stuffing%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%stuffing%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%stuffin

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong to get this.
It is consistently repeatable.

mouser:
v2.41.0 Beta - Mar 15, 2017

* [MajorFeature] First High-dpi compatible version beta.
* [BugFix] Newlines could be pasted in clip title edit, making it seem empy [thx IainB].

mouser:
I can't figure out what I am doing wrong to get this.
--- End quote ---

Well your sql is clearly incomplete as pasted.

Are you saying that CHS won't let you write a longer statement, or?

IainB:
Sorry, maybe I was not very clear about this. I think you misunderstand. It is not "my" SQL. What I pasted into the post above is merely a full copy of the sql generated by CHS, when it automatically created the virtual folder for the 3-word search term that had I put in the search box.
I love it that CHS generates the SQL for the user, but this example seems to show that the sql generated by CHS is truncated for some reason (hence the error report).
Maybe it's a buffer overflow, or something and the buffer needs to be expanded to a size where it is too big to fill up completely?

Is the 3-word search string too complex for the SQL generator to cope with, or have I written the 3-word search term incorrectly? (e.g., should it have a special syntax?) The generated SQL seems OK as far as it goes, it's just that it has been truncated during or after generation by CHS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version