ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (56/76) > >>

IainB:
On 2015-05-09 using CHS v2.29.0, I got a spurious error:
Access violation at address 0080DF94 in module
'ClipboardHeIpAndSpeII.exe'. Read of address 00000008.

--- End quote ---
I was busy editing notes in CHS at the time.
The error did not stop the CHS process, but I closed CHS down and restarted it anyway, just in case, and then got CHS to Verify, Repair, Optimize database .
-IainB (May 09, 2015, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can better define this problem now: (see image below - actual text copy is in the spoiler below that)

SpoilerIn CHS, if you leave the cursor inside one or any (not sure if it applies to ALL) of the fields in the Grid pane, and then do a search, then the below Read of address 00000008 error occurs.
In the example below, I had left the cursor inside the Notes field when I did the search.
It seems to make no difference whether the field involved is in a record which is included as one of the search results.
This is a repeatable, non-fatal error.

Screen clipping taken: 2016-01-06 21:16
   ---------------------------
   Clipboard Help+Spell
   Access violation at address 0080E8C8 in module
   'ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe'. Read of address 00000008.
   OK   

mouser:
Nice work  :up: :up: :up:

I can confirm and reproduce this bug.. It's wonderful that you figured out a reliable way to trigger it, because now I can fix it  :Thmbsup:

Will try to get out an update this week.

Thanks IainB, both for finding the bug and for your good natured spirit about the hunt!

IainB:
^ You're welcome - and thanks right back to you.   :Thmbsup:
I quite enjoy analysing software problems - if I use that software for my own purposes. It can only tend to benefit myself in the longer term.
I only tripped over it by chance, whilst doing some serious experimentation/discovery with CHS, I felt pleased to have finally found a consistent explanation of the trigger.

mouser:
v2.36.0 BETA - May 13, 2016

* [MinorFeature] Added option (Tweaks tab) to disable default behavior of focusing search edit box when toggling display of main window.
* [MinorFeature] Added option (Interface tab) to not flash/change tray icon when copying clips.
* [MinorChange] Changed the default values on the maintenance tab to wait longer before moving clips from New to Old section and from Old to Recycle bin.
* [MinorBugFix] You can now search for - as a single character.
* [BugFix] Fixed bug where clip title edit field could temporarily disappear if previous clip was an image and window was minimized before capturing a text clip.

IainB:
Thanks for the update, but I am getting this when I try to update using the FARR DCUppdater (yes, is the correct spelling):

I haven't figured out what the problem is yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version