ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (33/76) > >>

rjbull:
Beta release, feedback wanted:

v2.20.01 Beta - Aug 26, 2013-mouser (August 26, 2013, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
mouser, if I go to the program home page, it only lists 2.19.01.  Where's the beta, and is there a portable beta, please?

mouser:
first post updated with link to beta, both portable and installer.

dcwul62:

Hi Mouser,

Suggestion - maybe add just a few lines with regards to installing/upgrading?

a) upgrading portable versions  (e.g. after unzipping the new version, what files to copy over the existing version, so it will adopt previous settings?
Personally, I guess only the ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe should be replaced?)

b) upgrading from portable to installer version - how to proceed, specifically when the portable is installed on a different drive.
Maybe the installer version will overwrite existing database/.ini files?

I admit... I did not try it, as I donot want to mess things up  :)

Keep up the good work!

=

tomos:
maybe add just a few lines with regards to installing/upgrading?

a) upgrading portable versions  (e.g. after unzipping the new version, what files to copy over the existing version, so it will adopt previous settings?
Personally, I guess only the ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe should be replaced?)

b) upgrading from portable to installer version - how to proceed, specifically when the portable is installed on a different drive.
Maybe the installer version will overwrite existing database/.ini files?
-dcwul62 (August 28, 2013, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Settings came up lately -
a) the portable has ini files and database in the install folder - the portable download has none of these - I copy over everything from the portable zip - settings and database are kept.
b) the install version - the setting files and the database are by default stored in the MyDocs/Donationcoder/etc folder. Below are the subfolders/files in the CH&S MyDocs folder (i.e. the installed version - but best get confirmation there of what to copy). They would need to be replaced from the portable version.

Spoiler==========
subfolders:
==========
Database
PresetViews
PresetFormats
Backups
==========
files:
==========
ClipboardHelpAndSpell.ini
ClipboardHelpAndSpell_UserTools.ini

dcwul62:
Thanks.
a) Upgrading Portable->Portable: that is clear then.
of course only the rootfolder data, i.e. not overwriting \backup \database folder..   :)
=

=

b) Install-version over portable: well, I donot know, I have the portable version entirely on a different partition, in fact in a containerfile (Bestcrypt container)
I first open the container, then I launch the portable version from desktop link.
When installing the 'Install-version' - it should be possible to:

1) select to overwrite the portable version and accept the \database and \backup folder there
or better
2) install in a separate folder and then
   - import database and backup from portable \database \backup
   - import the .ini settings

==

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version