ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'Everything' is one FAST file search engine

<< < (12/18) > >>

Curt:
Beta 1.2.0.323 is out.

Changes

added support for external file managers via the ini file
-nosh (November 14, 2008, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does "external file managers" include everyone's Explorer?  :tellme:

Edited: -and if so; HowTo ??

city_zen:

Does "external file managers" include everyone's Explorer?  :tellme:

Edited: -and if so; HowTo ??

-Curt (November 14, 2008, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure if I understand what you mean  :huh: , but opening files and folders in Windows Explorer is the default behavior of Everything.
Just right click on any item of the list and choose "Explore" or "Explore Path". It should open the folder (or the older containing the chosen file) in Windows Explorer.
What I did was modify that behavior so that they open in Total Commander instead  ;)

Curt:
- oh, it does not use Explorer for anything other than to open files. Hmm... For a second I was thinking it already would use Explorer's search boxes, as we just have been requesting. That would have been a rapid response!!

cettolox:
Hi, do you think it is possible to have files automatically ordered by date, descending?

/Stefano

nosh:
As things stand right now (all files displayed in the results list when the program starts up) that seems like a pretty bad idea. Just try to sort by date without searching for anything and watch the program freeze up, it's the same delay you would face each time you start the app if it sorted by date as default. It would make sense if the sorting was done by a separate thread and a new search would terminate sort + re-sort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version