ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'Everything' is one FAST file search engine

<< < (17/18) > >>

Nod5:
A small modification to make multiple search phrases carry over from the FARR input box to Everything:

--- ---^ev(.*)
Everything Search $$1 | C:\program files\everything\Everything.exe -search "$$1"-Nod5 (December 05, 2008, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I made another small revision in my FARR alias for Everything. Maybe someone else finds use for it too. I'm now using the most simple and quick alias possible: a space at the start of the FARR input box. So " file.mp3" + enter opens Everything and searches for file.mp3. But "file.mp3" does a regular FARR search.

--- ---Everything Search $$2 | C:\Program Files\Everything\Everything.exe -search "$$2"and the new regexp:

--- ---^(?: |ev)( |)(.*|)
The same initial-space-alias could probably also be used for the Everything plugin but I haven't tried that yet.

nosh:
I found a link to v.1.2.1.413b on their forum. This beta hasn't been announced officially.

It has at least one useful new feature - a "run frequency" column that lets you display more commonly used files/folders first. An item's run frequency is incremented whenever it is launched and can also be set manually.

mwang:
For those who are keen to try beta versions, the newest is 1.2.1.425b, taken from this thread on their forum.

nosh:
It has filters!!  :-* Hallelujah! ... to be implemented.  :mad:

tn_dang:
Alpha version Everything 1.2.1.442a released

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version