ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: synch local/remote folder on demand, with rt monitor

<< < (2/3) > >>

insert_nick:
That's very good! Yes, I'm writing to them now, I'll let you know here.

insert_nick:
Uhm, it seems my quick test of the app was not so good.
I tested it creating a file, and instantly appeared in the list with the "to push" icon, ready to be sent to server, and it seemed ok.

But when I modify the content of an existing file, or even if I just rename it, the tool doesn't keep track of it. I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong.

Moreover, clicking on table headers should definetely order the rows accordingly.

And, it should be possible to hide in the list everything that doesn't need to be synchronized, so showing only added/changed/deleted stuff.

insert_nick:
That's very good! Yes, I'm writing to them now, I'll let you know here.
-insert_nick (October 07, 2008, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Btw, mail sent. I'll give here news about eventual reply.

insert_nick:
Feedback from author is that he's no longer touching that code, but he will be glad to update the project at sourceforge if any contributes will be done, giving the credit for them.
Do you are interested in looking a bit through the code to see if you can enhance it a bit?
If yes, no necessity for a quick reply, just have a look and then let me know if you think the things I've written above can be done. Take your time, bye.
PS: I have other good ideas for it to become a very very nice and useful tool for alone or team development (especially when SVN is not an option, i.e. on shared hosting), but I'll write them only if someone is interested in taking that codebase and work a bit on the project.

VideoInPicture:
I will take a more thorough look through the code when I have a larger chunk of time to dedicate to it since I'm interested in how the FTP code works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version