ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

compiled app doesn't work proplery

(1/1)

sibbl:
Hello,

first I want to thank you for the great implementation of such a tool. I had the same idea some weeks ago and have found your application now.
And because I'm very interested in it and i have some c# skills I also want to code some features of it.
I downloaded it and it compiles too. But the only problem is that no context menu is opening in my own compiled applications. So i right click on the dock and nothing happens. The same happens at the tray icon...
I have also tried to replaced the System folder with the one which is published in the compiled version...

Please help me, i have some ideas already  ;D
Many thanks in advance  :)

btw where can i send my german translation to?  :)

edit: I'm using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Professional for compiling ... ;)

edit2: Ok i found the problem ... i downloaded the kiosk source code :) next time i'll read before downloading =( now there's only the question left where i can send my german translation to  ;D 8)

VideoInPicture:
Hello,
Thanks for the interest in the code. Some parts of it are pretty messy right now and lack comments so alter it slightly and make sure a section works before trying something major. Alpha 9 will see a major reorganization of the code to give it multi-threading capabilities and more legible code but the same ideas from Alpha 8 will still apply. This will probably mean changes you make to Alpha 8 will be hard to copy and carry over to Alpha 9. If you want to explore and play around with something more stable but is similar to Circle Dock, check out the source code for my http://customdesktoplogo.wikidot.com/. It has the new alpha-blend function I will be incorporating in Alpha 9. The current alpha-blend function in Alpha 8 has a problem with moving an object and redrawing it simultaneously.

If you want to be really ambitious, you could try decoding the ObjectDock docklet SDK from their website and tell me how I can run their docklets in C# because I have no concrete idea so far.

You can send your German translation to my e-mail at [email protected] and I will include it in a minor update.

Eric Wong

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version