ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WINDOWS 7 THREAD (ongoing)

<< < (43/54) > >>

Hirudin:
How many Vista Home Basic computers have you guys seen? I've maybe seen one, but I might be mistaken. The 7 Home Basic (whatever it's called) will pretty much go undistributed. It's quite possible they want a "version" of Windows 7 that is cheap so they can say "Windows 7 starting at $79.99". Pretty much bait and switch, but the bait will be there, just nobody in their right mind will buy it.

After this short break, let's put the thread on the right path (:P)-Lashiec (February 03, 2009, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nice job!

zridling:
MS To Offer Free Windows 7 Upgrade To Vista Users. (Now, I wonder why they'd do that?)
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/11/238222&from=rss

justice:
Uhm haven't they always done this? if you get a new pc with the old os within a small period before or after the new os launches you get the upgrade. nothing new? It's not like they're going to run a campaign where everyone gets a free os.

zridling:
I don't think the window has ever been this far out. Still, this is great news. I think people will sit on Win7 for a long time when they buy their next computer, much like they've done with XP. Everything else will be happening in the cloud, which makes MS Office 2007/09 the biggest loser.

f0dder:
Everything else will be happening in the cloud, which makes MS Office 2007/09 the biggest loser.
-zridling (February 12, 2009, 06:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
You keep saying this, I keep doubting this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version