ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WINDOWS 7 THREAD (ongoing)

<< < (42/54) > >>

Darwin:
Hmmm...that  probably wouldn't be the best ad slogan even if it were the most accurate.
-40hz (February 05, 2009, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Volvo: boxy but good!

Darwin:
As far as I can tell, the three app limit is Netbook only and I surmise it's to keep users from overloading the hardware - non?-Darwin (February 04, 2009, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Just an arbitrary limit to segment the market and sell more versions and confuse users, *SIGH*.
-f0dder (February 04, 2009, 06:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Crap. You (and other respondents) are probably right... I've yet to play with a Netbook, so have no idea of their capabilities, though a friend just bought one for her daughter, so I hope to have an opportunity soon.

40hz:
Here's more info/commentary on all the various editions planned for Windows 7 courtesy of PCMag.com

Link: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2340338,00.asp

The Windows 7 Versions: What You Need to Know

In this article, we'll attempt to give you as many details about the new operating systems as we can, based on Microsoft's own documents that describe the new updates.
--- End quote ---

I'm starting getting sick of the whole bloody thing, and it's not even out yet...

Darwin:
I hear, ya, 40hz! I’ve pretty much abandoned the beta in favour of Vista. It’s stable, it’s attractive, and it does what I want it to do, when I need it to, efficiently, quickly and without drama. Why on earth am I even considering messing around with a beta OS? BTW, you will have inferred that I’ve not yet gotten around to installing Win 7 on actual hardware (as opposed to my VM install), and you’d be correct! I don’t think I’m going to bother, either. I haven’t run the VM in at least two weeks and feel no urge to any time soon, either...

I’ll wait for Windows 7 to be released and re-assess at that time. No doubt I’ll be waiting for SP-1 before upgrading, though.

40hz:
I hear, ya, 40hz! I’ve pretty much abandoned the beta ...

I’ll wait for Windows 7 to be released and re-assess at that time. No doubt I’ll be waiting for SP-1 before upgrading, though.
-Darwin (February 05, 2009, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think we're both sitting in the same pew for that one. :Thmbsup:

I got so annoyed by the whole 'version thing' that I zapped the beta from the test drive it was on. That 200GB is now home to a bright and shiny new T2 SDE I'd been meaning to set up for quite a while.

I think I'll worry about dealing with Win7 when it finally comes out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version