ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WINDOWS 7 THREAD (ongoing)

<< < (54/54)

Eóin:
Not necessarily trying to be argumentative Carol but I guess from my own experiences with small businesses and schools, most never bothered to make the switch from 2000 to XP back in the day, rather they simply waited till a PC needed replacing and came with XP anyway.

But these are all very small fish, most would have had volume licensing, but not ones that allowed an OS upgrade (which I wasn't aware existed but don't doubt either). Those types of operations don't tend to change what works, but want to know that when a update comes with a new PC that the old stuff will still work. Thats where XP mode comes into play in my opinion.

Also, who's going to switch to open source if they can't even cope with application incompatibility between XP and Vista.

f0dder:
Also, who's going to switch to open source if they can't even cope with application incompatibility between XP and Vista.-Eóin (May 07, 2009, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
People who are severely fed up with MS, then get severely fed up with Linux and end up switching back because the darn thing is just too much work :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version