ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Blackbox for windows - shell replacement

<< < (2/2)

nudone:
not entirely sure what i think about this yet http://www.flyakiteosx.com/

i've had it running an a virtual machine and it appears to work very well.

now, it looks very pretty (as mac os x does) but as i'm not into the 'silver' colour scheme i don't think i'll be using it seriously. what i thought was impressive was the ease of installation and the way it appears to have taken over the xp interface. if only it had been a 'dark' theme then i would use it on my 'real' machine (not just the virtual one).

i know stardock do mac os type things but the flyakite one is free and, so far, works really well.

admittedly, i've not tried uninstalling it - so maybe that's when things will appear less impressive, but for now it looks like everything has been perfectly produced.

jgpaiva:
eheh.. I'm a bb user too!
Good to know there are more bblean users in this forum :D
This is my current desktop:

Blackbox for windows - shell replacement

the bar on the left is the volume control for my pc, and the buttons on the right and left lower corners change the virtual desktop.
the two command boxes (farr on the top and typeandrun on the bottom) are what allows me to launch 99% of my programs :D
(although if I'm in the mood for using the mouse, i also right-click the desktop and have access to all of them in the context menu ;) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version