ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

News Article: Aussie Speed Cameras To Become Surveillance Devices

<< < (2/2)

Ehtyar:
Indeed you are correct, I should have read the articles in full prior to posting them. However, it seems to me that these are articles raise an even more poignant point in relation to this article. If the authorities in this country are incapable of appropriately handling speed camera images correctly, one can only imagine what sort of misappropriation/misinterpretation may occur when 70 million photos per day must be handled/stored.

Ehtyar.

Fred Nerd:
I'm just hopeing that,as usual, beaurocracy will win: we'll have all the photos, and not be able to do anything with them.
Interestingly, it was our local cop's wife who got caught when driving home with a group of friends, the interesting part was they must have been under a few drinks, because she claimed in court that they couldn't remember who was driving so it was unfair to fine anyone in particular.

She was let off because she had made an honest attempt to find out, and couldn't......

This is gossip, so I'm not sure of its accuracy, but it sounds right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version