ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Passwords

(1/2) > >>

sazzen:
I use a Password program to store my many passwords. It uses the copy paste-method so they all end up in Clipboard Help and Spell. I tried adding the name of the program to "ignore these applications" in the Capture Options dialog box but the passwords still appear. What am I doing wrong?

mouser:
this is a really good question.
i just tested the application exclusions and they don't seem to be working for me either -- let me see if i can't get this and a couple more things fixed this week.

tranglos:
Mouser, please have a look at this article (by the author of ClipMate) if you haven't already:

Clipboard Extender Dot Com ยป Ignoring Clipboard Updates with the CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE Clipboard Format
http://www.clipboardextender.com/?page_id=8

It's a simple and effective idea that eliminates the problem entirely, though it requires cooperation from vendors of password managers and such apps. I implemented it in my Oubliette at the time. Most clipboard managers don't hold up their part of the deal though.

mouser:
Very nice tranglos, i will support it.

tranglos:
Very nice tranglos, i will support it.
-mouser (September 24, 2008, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great! This is one of those really neat and simple ideas that should spread far and wide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version