ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Use this modified version of Chrome for more privacy

<< < (4/7) > >>

Ehtyar:
Actually I found a kinda neat use for it...
You know the "make a web app look like a normal app" feature?
I used that for the web interfaces for Popfile and my router.

They look a little less cluttered and it behaves the same as in a browser, but really that's not a big deal at all.
Cute maybe, but necessary? Nah.
-Edvard (October 10, 2008, 07:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Which you have been able to with Prism since almost a year prior to Google releasing Chrome. Why does everyone get hot and bothered when Google release something "innovative", but when Firefox gets an upgrade all you hear are complaints?

Ehtyar.

kartal:
Google always steals ideas and package them as a new products and the masses drool all over them.

Lashiec:
But there's probably a lot of reasons for google doing this. gPhone might be one of them?
-f0dder (October 10, 2008, 07:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think so, Android was in development prior Google wanted to do Chrome. Actually, the Android browser served as inspiration for Chrome development, if we consider some of the things Google people said. In any case, hiring key people from the Firefox project, and let them waste time doing nothing is not exactly very clever, so it also amazes me how could anyone could not predict this would happen sooner or later.

artkaye:
I downloaded Chrome to find it out and after one try, out it went. I do not know why the Google people made it.

Some people may like it and like Deozaan, I find some Google products like Gmail very useful.

But my FF3 with the Aeon theme and the many wonderful extensions make it the very best for me. I'm just Fired for the Fox!!!

Dormouse:
I've just tried Portable Iron & Chromium and then installed Chrome. All of them fired up for an instant and then went out again (I just get a flash of a window opening). Very strange. As if something on my system crashes them before they even start up. Not really a problem, I just thought I'd given it enough time for it to be safe to be curious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version