ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

<< < (49/51) > >>

phitsc:
Would you mind trying again (with the same download link)? I've included a newer version of libcurl. I have no idea why it worked for me with the old one.

RobFreundlich:
This version wants VCRUNTIME140.dll, which I don't have.

I know that's part of the Visual Studio 2015 Runtime, but I'm a little reluctant to download it since part of the project I work on uses VS and we're still on 2013.  I don't do Windows development, but that piece does build as part of my overall build, so I don't know if putting this on my system will break my build.

Can this version of FarrMilk be installed without the runtime?  Or do you know whether the runtime is safe for me to install?

phitsc:
Really sorry about that. Yes, it should be safe to install the VS 2015 runtime alongside the one for VS 2013. But to be honest, I thought I had the runtime libraries linked into the binary. But maybe I haven't for libcurl. I can't check right now, will do so in a the next 24 hours. Sorry for using you as a guinea pig.

RobFreundlich:
Really sorry about that. Yes, it should be safe to install the VS 2015 runtime alongside the one for VS 2013. But to be honest, I thought I had the runtime libraries linked into the binary. But maybe I haven't for libcurl. I can't check right now, will do so in a the next 24 hours. Sorry for using you as a guinea pig.
-phitsc (July 12, 2016, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try to get the runtime installed (or will do it at home - like you, I'm juggling a couple of tasks right now and probably will be until the end of the work day).

As for the guinea pig thing, don't worry about it.  I asked for a fix, and you're responding - I'm happy to thrash around in the habitat, squeaking and whistling and whatever other sound they make while you keep tossing me things to try  8)

RobFreundlich:
I installed the VS 2015 runtime at home, and I still can't get FARR to load the plugin.  I suspect it has to do with my system being 64-bit and the runtime installing VCRUNTIME140.dll into Windows/System32, even though I did a 64-bit install.  I tried to cheat by putting Windows/System32 into my path, but that didn't work.  Neither did creating a symbolic link to it in the FARR directory.

However, I tried reverting back to version 1.1.3, and it is now showing me things from my smart lists.  Like you, I don't understand what has changed - why it now works where it didn't before.  So much for computers being deterministic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version