ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

<< < (47/51) > >>

RobFreundlich:
I can't get the plug-in to show the contents of any of my Smart Lists.  I've read the note about them, so I know they're odd ducks, but it sounds like they ought to work if I've got the option for them checked, which I do:

When I try to use a Smart List, here's what happens:

1. The list shows 0 tasks.  I think that makes sense, given what you've described in your note:

2. When I select the list, it fills in the command line with what looks the correct syntax:

3. When I hit enter, instead of going and fetching the list and displaying its tasks in FARR like it'd do with a normal list, it opens my browser as if I were searching for rtm tasks /list:"Today's agenda"

I know that the Smart List I'm using here as an example has a single quote in it, and I thought that might be the problem, but I tried with another Smart List without one, and it did the same thing.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

phitsc:
Hi Rob

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Smart list support seems to be broken in the FarrMilk plugin. A quick search through the RTM API forum indicates that smart lists are still badly supported in the API so I'm afraid I am not sure I can fix this easily.

RobFreundlich:
Thanks for the quick response!

It bums me out, though, that smart lists don't work, since I tend to work almost exclusively off of a single Smart List which contains everything that's due today, everything that's overdue, and everything that has a start date on or before today (regardless of due date).  In other words, everything I ought to be thinking about doing today.  None of the built-in lists covers that.

/sigh

Time for me to head over to RTM and file a bug report against their API's on your behalf  ;)

phitsc:
Well, I'm not sure they consider it a bug.

Ok, I will have a look. It's been such a long time since I have last worked on this plugin though, it will take me some time just to build it again.

RobFreundlich:
Well, I'm not sure they consider it a bug.

Ok, I will have a look. It's been such a long time since I have last worked on this plugin though, it will take me some time just to build it again.
-phitsc (July 04, 2016, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  Sorry to resurrect something from the, uh, Farr past :-)

I went and got myself a non-commercial API license yesterday so I can play around with smart lists and see what's up with them.  If I have some time at work today (in between mentoring my intern, coding my own stuff, and being the weekly liaison from my dev group to support.  /sigh) I'll see if I can get a listing of my main SL.  If not, I'll hit it tonight.  Either way, I'll post back here with my results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version