ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

<< < (28/51) > >>

phitsc:
Most likely you are behind a proxy server. When you are where the screen shot shows, press Enter to get to the FarrMilk options screen. Then enter your proxy server's details in the fields on the lower right. Then you should be ready to go.

mblu:
This was my first guess as well, but NO - I had filled this in with the correct proxy - the same I use with all other programs connecting outside. I have also tried using another browser. Since this is a Windows-7 installation I have also tried to make sure that administrator rights  are present.
Matt

phitsc:
This was my first guess as well, but NO - I had filled this in with the correct proxy - the same I use with all other programs connecting outside. I have also tried using another browser. Since this is a Windows-7 installation I have also tried to make sure that administrator rights  are present.
Matt
-mblu (August 20, 2009, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Matt, could you please download a test tool I once made to find connection related problems from here:

http://farrmilk.objecttechnology.com/AuthenticationUrlTest.zip

Then run it like this (it's a command line tool):

C:\AuthenticationUrlTest>AuthenticationUrlTest.exe Proxy

where Proxy can be either a hostname or dotted IP address and port added the usual way (i.e. with : ) and send me the output.

Cheers,
Philipp

mblu:
OK, so this was problem #1: you required a physical IP number.
This is inconvenient because it changes while the logical name stays the same.

But now I have problem #2: the RTM page opens in Firefox and I press the [OK, I'll allow it] button and RTM acknowledges this choice. But Farrmilk doesn't get it and keeps asking this question.
Matt

phitsc:
OK, so this was problem #1: you required a physical IP number.
This is inconvenient because it changes while the logical name stays the same.
-mblu (August 21, 2009, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting. I would have expected this to work with a name as well. All I'm doing is setting the respective curl option (CURLOPT_PROXY). I would have expected curl to make the lookup.

But now I have problem #2: the RTM page opens in Firefox and I press the [OK, I'll allow it] button and RTM acknowledges this choice. But Farrmilk doesn't get it and keeps asking this question.
-mblu (August 21, 2009, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Once you've pressed 'Ok, I'll allow it', make sure to go back to FARR and select the entry 'Grant Access Permission' and hit enter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version