ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

<< < (25/51) > >>

phitsc:
I suspect you meant the default setting is to filter by date, then priority then name, which is exactly the order I'd like,
but what I meant is, in order to achieve that filtering, the filters start in this order "name" "priority" "date".

So yeah, it works perfectly and if no one is as stupid as I am (dont fix what aint broken!), it shouldnt be a problem, but since I just figured it out, I thought I could say it. Thanks for offering to change, it IS minor, but hey, why settle for very good when you have perfect on sight!
-vjcamarena (April 01, 2009, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that is what I meant. The default order is how I wanted it to be, but the way it is specified in the options window looks uncommon. So I think you are right when you suggest that I should reverse it in the options window.

Also, I figured I could post that I tried the "enable smartlists" and it did slow FARR and rtmplugin, so I could give you my number of tasks and smartlists so you could have some data (if you dont need it just tell me to shut up!  ;D)
-vjcamarena (April 01, 2009, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, please go ahead. I would be very interested in those numbers. Unfortunately, there is really nothing I can do about the bad performance as the reason for this is a bug in the RTM API (which I did report, but which doesn't seem to be important enough to fix). I was actually happy I found a workaround for it ;)

Ric0la:
Ok, cheers. Will build that into FarrMilk asap.
-phitsc (March 31, 2009, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cheers mate!
-Ric0la (April 01, 2009, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Any news here? Eager to use it  ;D

PS: We're neighbours  :up: Seisch wäni cha hälfe  :D

phitsc:
Proxy support is done. But I'm adding a couple more things. Should be ready sometime next week.

p.s. we should maybe plan to meet once, just to earn ourselves the donationcoder gatherings badge ;)

phitsc:
With the three biggest problems finally resolved I feel it's time to make this version the 1.0 release. :D

Thanks to Ric0la for helping me find the cause for the "can't create authentication url" problem. It's now possible to specify a proxy server to be used by FarrMilk in the options window. Thanks also to vjcamarena for pointing out the sort order problem. I've changed that in this release, which unfortunately means everyone has to manually reverse their respective sorting order in the options window (or alternatively delete the FarrMilk.ini file).

And finally thanks also to sean2078 for a very good feature request which I have implemented in this release. When pressing Shift+Enter (instead of just Enter) to add a new task, the user is now presented with a window asking for a priority, tag(s) and list for the new task. The fields can be navigated quickly by pressing Tab (which is common for dialogs) and their values can optionally be stored for the next adding of a task. If one of these properties was already specified in the FARR search box, the respective field is initialised accordingly. If you prefer to always specify these properties in this way (by pressing just Enter instead of Shift+Enter), there's a new option in the options window that will let you do that.

phitsc:
On a side note, I have four quick questions (maybe someone can comment on them):

1) How can I change the default alias to "t" instead of "rtm" (I've tried changing the override alias in options, but when I try it, it doesn't respond to either command then)

2) How might I change the organizational structure of FARR Remember The Milk so that the very first thing that displays is my incomplete tasks, followed by the "More actions" option?  (I would like to just type "t" and get immediate access to tasks  :D )

3) When adding a new task in RTM, I always specify a tag and priority.  Instead of typing slashes and colons, I would like it if the software had an option to prompt for these values.  So, for example, you type "rtm a testing", press enter, software shows list of existing tags to choose from, you choose one, software shows a list of priorities, you choose one, and then the task is added and the default task list displays.  Would you mind adding this as a feature request?  Under options, there could be 2 check boxes:  "Prompt for tag on add task" and "Prompt for priority on add task".  It would make it a lot easier for me to add tasks quickly.  Thanks!

4) After adding a task using "rtm a", the incomplete tasks list shows which is great, but "rtm a" still remains in the textbox.  Could you please add a feature request to make it so that after adding the contents of the textbox reads "rtm tasks"?  Thanks again.

Great job.  (Let me know if you want me to add this into the software for you securely :Thmbsup:)

S
-sean2078 (March 07, 2009, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
sean2078

Concerning 2: I've though about this and did not come up with a good idea of how to implement this in a way I like yet. Will think about it some more.
Concerning 4: This is actually a feature. After adding a task, everything but the task's name remains which allows to easily add another task with the same properties (i.e. same priority, tags, list, etc.), just type a new name for the second task and hit Enter again. Nevertheless, this would be easy to implement. The question is would you still want that behaviour as long as you can't have 2)?

Cheers
Philipp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version