ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

<< < (24/51) > >>

phitsc:
Ok, cheers. Will build that into FarrMilk asap.

vjcamarena:
I still love this, phitsc, thanks a lot!

One very small quibble: in the "advanced options" (after I go aplugins-enter) I can choose how my tasks are ordered (which is terrific!).
However, it seems to order tasks filtering in the inverse order!

I'll try to illustrate with an example:
I had "Due date" then "priority". I guessed this would mean first the oldest, and each day, highest priority first.
However it does the opposite for me: it lists first those with a higher priority, then orders amongst priorities by date.

Bug or intentional?

phitsc:
Bug or intentional?
-vjcamarena (March 31, 2009, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, tasks are sorted by all ticked sorting criteria in the order specified. For example the default is to sort them first by name, then by priority, which will give you a list of tasks sorted by priority, and tasks with the same priority sorted by name. I have to agree though that this is probably not how one would expect it to be. I'm going to change that.

by the way: you can show the options dialog with the rtm options command.

Cheers
Philipp

Ric0la:
Ok, cheers. Will build that into FarrMilk asap.
-phitsc (March 31, 2009, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cheers mate!

vjcamarena:
Bug or intentional?
-vjcamarena (March 31, 2009, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, tasks are sorted by all ticked sorting criteria in the order specified. For example the default is to sort them first by name, then by priority, which will give you a list of tasks sorted by priority, and tasks with the same priority sorted by name. I have to agree though that this is probably not how one would expect it to be. I'm going to change that.

by the way: you can show the options dialog with the rtm options command.

Cheers
Philipp
-phitsc (March 31, 2009, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks about the rtm options... much handier (I really should reread the manual!)

I suspect you meant the default setting is to filter by date, then priority then name, which is exactly the order I'd like,
but what I meant is, in order to achieve that filtering, the filters start in this order "name" "priority" "date".

So yeah, it works perfectly and if no one is as stupid as I am (dont fix what aint broken!), it shouldnt be a problem, but since I just figured it out, I thought I could say it. Thanks for offering to change, it IS minor, but hey, why settle for very good when you have perfect on sight!

Also, I figured I could post that I tried the "enable smartlists" and it did slow FARR and rtmplugin, so I could give you my number of tasks and smartlists so you could have some data (if you dont need it just tell me to shut up!  ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version