ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

<< < (13/51) > >>

khutch:
I found a minor bug:

I can't get the list of tasks from a smart list with a space in it. For example, I have a smart list titled "Due Today". When I type "rtm lists", it sees the smart list, but when I click on it, it shows 0 tasks.

There is, obviously, a very easy workaround. I renamed my smart list to "DueToday", and it works perfectly. So, not a big deal, but I thought I'd report it.

phitsc:
Thanks khutch for mentioning that you like the plugin, it is really appreciated!

Concerning the bug you found: besides an inconvenience which I should fix in the plugin what you found is actually a bug in the help file :) It's also not restricted to smart lists but to all lists containing spaces.

What happens when you click a list with spaces (e.g. Due Today) in the lists result view is that the search is replaced by: rtm tasks /list:Due Today. The inconvenience is that you currently have to manually put quotes around the list name, i.e. the plugin should actually search like this: rtm tasks /list:"Due Today".

The bug in the help file is that at the end of the first paragraph of chapter Parameters & Switches it reads:
If a parameter name contains spaces, it must be enclosed in a pair of " or ' characters
--- End quote ---
while this should actually be:
If a parameter value contains spaces, it must be enclosed in a pair of " or ' characters
--- End quote ---

I'll fix both the inconvenience and the help file :)

Pnikosis:
Hi, I've installed the plugin, and after I wrote 'rtm' it redirected me to the RTM's application authorization page, then I gave the authorization, but when I went back to the FARR's window and selected the first item (Grant Access Permission), it redirected me again to the RTM's application authorization page. I've tried everything (always maintain focus, ignore the focus, etc), and still redirects me to the RTM's page.

Any idea? Someone? :(

sean2078:

FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.2 doesn't seem to be installable right now.  If you are a first time installer, you see the message (XP SP2, OS up to date, IE7 default browser):

Uh oh... something went wrong. Don't worry though; it's not your fault. The application you're using to interact with Remember The Milk made an error. It might be worthwhile contacting the author of the application and telling them you encountered this page.

Alternatively, you might like to wait a little while and then try again.

--- End quote ---

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

Please post a fix or the location of the open source project so that the community can fix this problem.

Thank you
S

phitsc:
Hi, I've installed the plugin, and after I wrote 'rtm' it redirected me to the RTM's application authorization page, then I gave the authorization, but when I went back to the FARR's window and selected the first item (Grant Access Permission), it redirected me again to the RTM's application authorization page. I've tried everything (always maintain focus, ignore the focus, etc), and still redirects me to the RTM's page.

Any idea? Someone? :(
-Pnikosis (December 11, 2008, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Pnikosis

I know you've done more or less what I'll describe now, please try it anyway:
- Check if the FARR Remember The Milk plugin service is listed there. If it is, delete it by clicking the bin icon
- Open FARR and type goreload to reload the plugins, then click the OK button on the message box that appears
- now type rtm, this should bring you back to the authorisation page
- now click 'OK, I'll allow it'
- go back to FARR and hit Enter

- now check the status bar. if it reads something like 'Loading tasks...' then you're ready to go
- if it reads something else (e.g. service temp. unavailable, just did this when I tried now), retype rtm, this will open the authorisation web page again, click 'Ok, I'll allow it' if necessary (probably it's not), go back to FARR and hit Enter

Also make sure to update to version 0.4.3 of the plugin which I just uploaded. Remember The Milk obviously have a new API endpoint (api.rememberthemilk.com instead of www.rememberthemilk.com) which they now advise to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version