ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

<< < (3/51) > >>

phitsc:
the one thing that confused me a little was that i expected i could select a task, and THEN choose to delete or mark as complete.

i eventually figured out that i had to go to main menu and choose delete then select the project.  it might be nice if there was a way to do those operations from viewing a task.
-mouser (September 24, 2008, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I completely agree! And I was planning to implement that as soon as plugins can customize the context menu (for mouse operation. as requested here) as well as receive per item hot keys (was requested somewhere else I think, maybe in a different context). For example, as a plugin I would like to get notified when a button is pressed (e.g. DEL to delete a task) together with the information on which item the button was pressed.

As for completing a task, you can already do that now, by hitting Shift+Enter on as task when it's displayed with 'rtm tasks'. Or you can choose to postpone the task instead (can be changed in the options dialog).

But in general your discovery is correct. You first have to say what you want to do, e.g.
- rtm add task (or a for short)
- rtm complete task (c)
- rtm rename task (ren)
- rtm delete task (del)
etc.
this will always give you a list of ALL tasks. Then you choose with which task to want to do that by applying filters, e.g. typing some characters of its name, or (additionally) add /list=blah to filter for tasks of a specific list, or (additionally) by adding /p2 to filter for tasks with priority 2 only, etc. And you can apply different sortings to make it easier for you to find the task you want to do something with.

I think once you understand this basic concept: First choose what you want to do then filter with what you know about the task you want until you find it, the plugin allows very fast and powerful manipulation of RTM tasks. Obviously it would be cool to have the other possibility as well (i.e. filter first, then choose what to do).

phitsc:
Very nice work! I would like it, though, if the default choice for both 'add' and 'delete' would be 'task' and not list. I know it's sorted alphabetically but it doesn't make so much sense as you would want to add and delete tasks so many more times than you would add or delete lists.
-d4ni (September 24, 2008, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I thought about that as well when implementing it. And I actually agree. It's mainly lack of time that made me do it differently, alphabetically was just so much simpler. I'll go add that to the todo list right away though ;)
-phitsc (September 24, 2008, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Concerning this: if you're too lazy to type 'rtm add t' + Enter (and I mean the positive kind of laziness here) you can use power user mode (read Modes of Operation in the help file) instead and just type 'rtm a' + Space. Your point is still valid though, and the way I thought I was going to do this back then was to always put the last action selected as the first result item and help at the end (that's now already the case) and sort the rest in between.

justice:
I got this after installing, everytime i run a rtm command and when FARR starts up:
---------------------------
Advanced Options: FindAndRunRobot.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 3724 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.
OK   

--- End quote ---

phitsc:
I got this after installing, everytime i run a rtm command and when FARR starts up:
Advanced Options: FindAndRunRobot.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 3724 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.
OK  

--- End quote ---
-justice (September 25, 2008, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for reporting this. Would you mind trying out this version: http://farrrmilk.objecttechnology.com/FarrRmilk_0.0.2.zip
Please delete your old FarrRmilk plugin directory first, as the new version doesn't need that dll you mention any more, so just unzipping into the existing directory won't remove the file.

Cheers
Philipp

s.newave:
WOW!!! Definitely one of the best executed plugins i have seen. Great job!

Cant wait to see what you come up with next, maybe an rss reader  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version