ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

<< < (14/51) > >>

phitsc:
Concerning the 0.4.3 release. Apart from changing to the new api endpoint as suggested by RTM I've also 'fixed' a problem that would lead to the 'Uh oh page'. I say 'fixed' instead of fixed, because I've not really fixed anything, I've just changed the way FarrMilk handles an RTM API request that fails (the getFrob request). The getFrob request is needed to generate the authorisation URL. Until now I was using the value returned by that request even when it failed which obviously generated an invalid authorisation URL (which lead to the Uh oh page). If that request fails, I'll now no longer open the authorisation page (because I don't have a valid URL), but show an error message in the FARR status bar instead. This means that you'll probably never see the Uh oh page again. But that won't help you much if you had that problem, because now you'll just see the error message in FARR's status bar instead :(

To make a long story short: if anyone who wanted to use FarrMilk but couldn't because he never managed to actually authorise the service but always got the Uh oh page would mind to try the 0.4.3 release to check if the new endpoint makes any difference that would be cool.

vjcamarena:
Hey all, just joined!

I must say... I absolutely LOVE the idea... the program is very powerful and this plugin in particular seems to showcase all its potential.
However, I'm getting the same exact problem as pnikosis. It authentifies time and time again (telling me its all set).
I tried doing what you told him, but nothing changed.
If i get it to work, I'll get back to you. It is way too good an idea!

Victor

phitsc:
Hey all, just joined!

I must say... I absolutely LOVE the idea... the program is very powerful and this plugin in particular seems to showcase all its potential.
However, I'm getting the same exact problem as pnikosis. It authentifies time and time again (telling me its all set).
I tried doing what you told him, but nothing changed.
If i get it to work, I'll get back to you. It is way too good an idea!

Victor
-vjcamarena (December 13, 2008, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Victor

Thanks for posting.

So when you check under Settings - Services in the rtm web interface, is FARR Remember The Milk plugin listed there?
And when you hit Enter on the Grant Access item when doing the authentication, what does it say in the FARR status bar just after hitting Enter?

vjcamarena:
Hey phitsc
thanks for the quick response!
yes, FarrMilk does appear in the authenticated list.

The thing is, after I hit enter on the autentification, it tells me "found 1 item in 1 seconds" (so it basically finds the rtm function again and runs it again, it seems) and then another autentification window pops up, this one tellling me that all is correctly autentificated (because it already authentificated as I wrote "rtm".

Once again thanks for the plugin... i  :-* it already for it's looks!

phitsc:
Found it! Thanks vjcamarena for your help with this bug and also to Pnikosis for reporting it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version